Selecting the best cosmetic dentist for your needs is a big decision that should not be made lightly. To help you along in the process, we have some tips that can make your online search a bit easier:
• Evaluate their credentials, education, and experience – Checking out a dentist’s bio page on their website can usually provide you with much of the information you’d need to learn about his or her professional and educational background. Focus on how many years of experience he or she has, any advanced areas of study, continuing education coursework completed, memberships in professional associations, and certifications. Professional achievements and awards may also provide insight.
• Look at before-and-after-photos of their work – Many cosmetic dentists offer an online photo gallery that displays examples of their work. Often, there are cosmetic dentistry before-and-after images for each treatment option offered at the practice. Check out the results that may be possible for the dental procedure you are considering. You might also be able to request additional photos during a consultation.
• Find out what dental technology they offer – Advanced technology in the dental office can offer many positive treatment benefits. While 3D imaging technology can create digital impressions of the teeth for custom restorations and aid in precision treatment planning, dental lasers can make gum treatment and contouring easier and more comfortable than ever. Look into the dental technology your prospective dentist offers and learn about how they can improve your experience and results.
• Examine online ratings and reviews from actual patients – Patient reviews and testimonials can give you a glimpse of many important aspects of a cosmetic dentist, including the quality of care they provide, patient satisfaction, and the way they run their practice.
• Meet your potential cosmetic dentist in person – Schedule a consultation with your prospective dentist to determine your comfort level, ask questions, find out more about your treatment options, and learn about how he or she plans to approach your dental concerns. It is important that the dentist you choose listens attentively and develops a customized treatment plan based on your needs and goals. If you are unsure, continue to visit with other cosmetic dentists and compare your experiences.